Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Fail

Because we are broke, we can't buy presents for people. Whitney decided to make cookies, and I was planning on doing a series of acrylic paintings with stencils of a picture of us on our wedding day. People would like that, right? 



Things I should have realized before delving in:
1. No matter how much I want this to be screenprinting, it is not.
2. To cover twenty four sheets of 18x 24 paper requires a lot of paint.
3. If a painting doesn't "look like" someone, it is a failure to most people. 
4. It is not screenprinting.
5. Drawing Paper, when covered with acrylic washes will curl like nothing else.
6. This is not screenprinting.

Several hours into the project, I realized it just  wasn't gonna work, so I bailed. I will probably use some of the stuff later, but who knows. It's the thought that counts, right?

May everyone's Xmas be merry and severely lacking in chair throwing and fighting over ham bones.

1 comment:

Candy said...

If we don't try, we won't progress.

Good post.